NYC is Back!
4 April 2013
NYC Twestival is back and we plan to make 2013 bigger and better than ever. We've historically had some fantastic events to benefit some fantastic charities -
- In 2009, we partnered globally to raise funds for Charity Water
- Later in 2009, we put on a hell of a party for Camp Interactive @ Brooklyn Bowl
- In 2010 we joined cities around the globe to raise funds for Concern Worldwide and had a crazy concert featuring Shinobi Ninja and DJ Mister Disco
- In 2011 we were raising awareness and funds for iMentor at Studio Twenty-One
Each experience has been an opportunity to show how this city can come together and connect via social media for good. We can't wait to select a charity this year - if you know of the most excellent charity organization in NYC, check back for a nomination form! We also can't wait to combine the creative energies of this amazing city to create a stellar logo.
Let's make 2013 the biggest Twestival this city has ever hosted!
30 March 2011
You may already know that iMentor operates high-impact, technology-based mentoring programs that connect underserved youth with professionals, but did you know that iMentor is also a great place to work? Here are a few reasons why iMentor’s staff loves being a part of this dynamic organization:
Are you interested in joining our team, or do you know someone who might be? We are growing rapidly and adding new positions across the organization. Check out the jobs we’re hiring for right now, and follow us on Twitter to hear about new opportunities as they are announced!
- We embrace the potential of technology to create social change – our mentoring model is built on it!
- We’re fun! We have a staff committee dedicated solely to fun. Over the past year Team Fun has hosted Kickball Games, a Halloween Showdown, a Talent Show, Office Olympics and more. We work hard and play hard.
- We’ve been recognized as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to Work For by the Nonprofit Times, and were recently selected for inclusion in the first ever Social Innovation Fund.
- Our staff is smart, creative and diverse, coming from a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives and we believe that our diversity makes us stronger.
- Professional Development is a priority here – we want our staff to achieve their career goals, whatever those might be! In addition to each staff member having a flexible professional development budget, we bring in guest speakers, host workshops, and hold teach-back sessions for staff to share articles, videos and other content that gets them excited about the work that we do.
- We have plenty of chances to network. We know that collaboration, sharing and networking are critical to expanding our reach and social impact. We frequently collaborate with other nonprofits, whether it’s for a brown bag lunch with Donors Choose founder Charles Best, or a kickball game against Harlem RBI, or through our iMentor Interactive program, which empowers organizations around the country to operate their own high-impact technology-based mentoring programs. Our programs get us out into the community, and 96% of staff value experiences that iMentor provides for interacting with New York City communities.
- Our work is inspiring! Every day we hear inspirational stories from our mentors and mentees about the positive impact our program is having, and it keeps us focused on why we’re here.